Heartpedia Mobile App
Educating Families About the Heart
Heartpedia - Mobile App Now Available for Download on iPhone, iPad and Android Devices
To educate families about the heart, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center offers an interactive, 3D app for iPhones and iPads and Android Devices. The app shows anatomically accurate images of congenital heart defects and repairs of those defects.
Heartpedia is free.
3D Pediatric Heart Anomalies and Defects
Congenital heart defects can be difficult to visualize and explain. The Heartpedia mobile app provides a variety of anatomically-correct, three-dimensional interactive heart models. Healthcare providers may use these models as visual learning tools to help educate patients and families on specific defects and repairs. The Heartpedia app may also be helpful to patients and families who want to learn more on their own or to share the details of a defect with concerned friends and family. Cincinnati Children’s believes that supplying the right information and tools ultimately results in the highest level of care and the best outcomes.
The initial version of Heartpedia includes an interactive model of a normal heart in addition to interactive models of the following defects and their associated repairs:
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Coarctation of the Aorta
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Transposition of the Great Arteries
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Atrioventricular Septal Defect
- Interrupted Aortic Arch
- Total Anomalous Venous Return
- Truncus Arteriosus
You may learn more about each defect through the following interactions:
- Toggle between normal, defect and repair views
- View exterior and various interior heart planes / slices
- Pan, rotate, and zoom
- Watch video animation with audio description of each defect and repair
- Turn on/off labels of key heart structures
- Read a detailed description of the defect
Click here to see a demonstration of the Heartpedia Mobile App.